Saturday 8 September 2012

Sepia Saturday - Confusion

Dear readers and fellow bloggers:
I have to admit there is chaos in my life! I am absolutely and utterly confused. My goals are gone, I don't know what to do and I have difficulty concentrating on a single subject. But before I go on creating havoc in my mind, maybe I should give you a little explanation.
Well, you see, until this day there was just regularity. Each and every week I had to write something for this blog. And in order to find out what I should write about, I would turn to a specific website. On this site a gentleman resides and he would tell me what the subject for this week was. So far, so good.
Last Wednesday I had a quick look at what my orders are for this week. I couldn't believe my eyes! In a few sentences the man mentioned or suggested subjects such as (bowler) hats, a trio of people, Sunday clothing, sisters, trees, a brewery, a killing, the RMS Leinster, Tipperary, dates, heads and submarine weaponry. I mean, how unfocused can one be? Does he expect me to sort out this mess? 
As far as I was able to do that, I have thought about this question. And, after a good night's rest, I believe I am now capable of formulating an answer and that is: "Yes, that's what he expects of me!"
So, with all discipline that is left in me, please find below my Sepia Saturday contribution for this week.
Sepia Saturday 142 Subjects
Because of the confused state of my mind some of the elements in this picture may seem a bit far fetched. But I can assure you that all of them have to do with the text that the gentleman gave us for Sepia Saturday 142. If you don't believe me, see for yourself here. There you can also see how other people interpreted the assignment of this week. 
And now I am off for a quiet weekend and wish you the same.

27 comments:

  1. OK Peter, you scared me. I thought I was going to hear some bad news about a brain tumor or dementia. Whew! Thank-you instead for this clever collage. I love the striped coat on the woman walking with 2 friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Peter, not to worry. I think you just about covered every theme in your collage. Brilliant.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Wendy, you had me thinking you had a serious health issue. So glad that's not the case. How clever of you to cover every possible theme Alan mentioned. Great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Peter, I think you've covered every suggestion Alan made. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In regard to the Canadian Draft:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_Crisis_of_1944

    :)~
    HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb collage of interesting images, just the thing to contemplate while drinking Irish stout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially appreciate your tree coverage. It's an interesting hairdo, I wonder when it will become fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peter, this is marvelous. You must be good at solving puzzles too! I'd say if this man (Alan) :) were handing out grades for your delightful task, that you'd get an A+++++++++ if possible. Nicely done, and I completely enjoyed your humor in this post too!- Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me chuckle Pieter and I think It's a first that someone has taken the suggested themes so literally and woven them into a collage. Very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Taking things so literally is a typical Dutch habit and one that I like very much. Beautiful collage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever post indeed! The picture of the lady with the tree growing out of her head was quite interesting to say the least. But, that was one of the options Alan presented, so you were spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to go look again to see where the woman with the tree growing out of her head was. Very good. I would be confused too if I tried to cover ever suggestion. Nice collage and good humor.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever, Peter. You've made a new puzzle for us to go back and track down all the references. I like the painting of the 4 children, is it a famous Dutch artist?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wat een interessante collage. Bijzondere thema 's! Erg goed gedaan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all your compliments. It was a lot of fun making this collage.
    @Karen S
    Indeed I like doing puzzles, in particular the cryptogram type. But I have to admit I am not doing those every week anymore. So it is getting a bit rusty upstairs ;)
    @Mike
    The painting of the four girls is by an unknown painter. With my very limited knowledge of this subject I would date it in the second half of the 19th century but it wouldn't surprise me if I was completely wrong.
    And for all those worried about my mental health, I can inform you that a quiet weekend and a little bit of Irish Stout does wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Peter, you are so funny! I enjoyed your collage very much; how creative to include all the possibilities.

    Hey, I mentioned you in my post of yesterday, Saturday, if you want to take a look. Here is the post title, though you may have to scroll down a bit:

    Adventures of Seesik and Trampo by T.L. Sappington

    Kathy M.


    ReplyDelete
  17. @Kathy M
    Glad you liked the collage.
    Of course I had a look at your Mr. Seesik, nice drawings and well worth the money I think. Just keep it for a few years. Quality always keeps its value, and more.
    And thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you can relax. You've got yourself covered for weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Indeed I could but, you know, there is this gentleman... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful, simply wonderful. I feel as if I should apologise for sending you off into confusion, but I am not going to as it resulted in such a delightful post. Let confusion reign supreme.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry Peter I realise I spelled your name wrongly - to make up for it I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never mind Little Nell, there are worse things in life :) And I am very pleased with your compensation, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know I'm later commenting Peter but I've had a confusing 7 days or so. But not confusing enough for me to have thought of such an inspiring collage. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Better late than never, Bob. Thank you for taking the trouble of visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well Peter at first I thought we had someone with early dementia. Guess you two are true friends and how very creative you followed through. No one with dementia could have led us to the art of this blog. It was great. I recently read that someone who can learn something new has no Alzheimer's. That is why I am constantly trying to learn and manage new programs on the PC.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Peggy, it was fun writing this post.
    And come to think of it, fortunately PC's are not susceptible to Alzheimer, yet...
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated before being published...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...